Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ramblings and renewals.

Had a wonderful dinner yesterday with Veronica and Sandy.  It was waay too long since we got together, and we just talked about everything.  Food was fabulous, and loved that they used the "good china".  Though I had been thinking of canceling because of the pain, decided to go, and glad we did.  One of the things we talked about was blogging, so, I need to renew my writing, even if just for me.  So, here I am again.   Now, V, you need to start your project, and "follow" me to keep me on my toes.

Had a painter  come over today for estimates on painting the inside of the house.  .  As much as I think "I could do that".  The mind is willing; but the body keeps reminding me why I can't.  Guess we just need to bite the bullet and get it done.    Need to get a couple more estimates and get this going
.
Also had another realtor in to see the house and "interview" her.  Jim took her around, and I laid on the couch with my ice and heat packs.   We have one more to see, and then will decide who we will post with.  In the meantime, we need to let people know that we are selling and perhaps get some interest in the house ourselves.  We do have someone that we met that will come next week to see the house.  Wouldn't THAT be nice if we sold it that way..

I had ideally wanted to have it on the market by May 1st; but there is still a lot to do, and my body is NOT cooperating, even with all I am doing and the pain pills.  I guess another epidural injection is in my near future.  Now if I can just help the fibromyalgia that way..

We have been invited to Easter dinner at Michele & Dan's at 2 pm and to Jeff & Raquels for dinner at 7pm.  We are very grateful that we have been included in their plans for most holidays.  I do remember all the years we did plan and have the kids and grandkids over.  Though it was a lot of work, time, and money we really enjoyed doing it,. Jim especially liked having his family over during the holidays, and we tried to include others we knew that did not have any plans.  I do hope that I express how much we appreciate being included in as guests of others now.  I really need to rehink holidays now, and how to make it help others so they are not lonely or excluded.  We all get so busy with our own lives, we sometimes forget how just a simple invite, makes a huge difference in someone's life.   Ok....enough for now.

We're bringing an appetizer tomorrow to Michele's, so Jim went to the store while I lay down this afternoon for ingredients.  I made brown sugar crusted bacon this evening for a blue cheese dip.  Hope it tastes good after it blends together.  Also, have a recipe for peanut butter and bacon cookies....YUM!!!  Hope to make those in the morning. 

 Ok, so all in all..today was a rotten day...pain level of 7 and 8 most of the day...but.on to the next day. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, a day of renewal.  Gotta love Spring, everything is in a rebirth, hope my body is gonna do the same...Looking forward to a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment